Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nimbu Pani~ this sounds AWESOME!

                 Pretty soon, Keeesha and I are going to be... actually cooking something! Hopefully this weekend, we will be making four DELICIOUS dishes that were hand selected...by us!  We're planning to make something called Potato Bajji (yes, yes, that was the random link I posted to remember earlier), but we're still kind of blanking on what to do for our other three things.  Then, two minutes ago, I had an inspiration...we should make a drink! I immediately set to looking up good drink recipes (*NO BANANAS!*..to be honest, I think they're really gross) and I discovered <drum roll please> Nimbu Pani! 
It looks fantastic because:
~no bananas!
~simple
~cold, and it's supposed to be getting warmer around here :D
~ no milk! (I'm mildly lactose intolerant)   















Doesn't it look exactly like lemonade?  It's actually very similar to it, and you can add all sorts of spices according to how you like your drinks to taste! This recipe uses dates and honey as a sweetener instead of the sugar and artificial flavors commonly used in the US.  "Lemonade" in India looks cloudy, and is ALWAYS served fresh.  It can be made with lime juice instead of lemons, but there are many different variations.  
Can't wait till the (hope we can make it then!) weekend! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment